Botanical Name: Abies webbiana
Sanskrit Name: Talisapatram
Common Name: Himalayan fir
Family Name: Pinaceae
PARTS USED: Leaf
PROPERTIES AND ACTION: Action According to Indigenous Medical Systems:
- Rasa: Bitter and Sweet
- Vipak: Spice
- Veerya: Ushana veerya
- Good medicine for Asthma and bronchitis.
- The nature of the leaves is as follows: Astringent, carminative [Inducing the expulsion of gas from the stomach and intestines].
- The leaf juice is a good blood purifier, antispasmodic and aromatic.
- This is good remedy for chronic cough.
- This helps in the process of consumption.
- The choorna of “Taalisa” and other some herbs cures cough and cold.
- It helps to improve appetite and taste.
Names due to Physical properties:
Dhaatri patra: The leaves resembles the leaves of phyllanthus niruri.
Ghanachada: The plants with thick leaves.
Names due to Medical properties:
Hridya: Good for heart.
Vasthu guna deepika, Vasthu guna prakashika, Chakradatta,Susrutam, Basavarajeeyam, Bhavaprakashika, Vangasena, Charakasamhita, Vagvatamu, Hareetasamhita, Srijanakalpavalli